50 Questions With lostty
Ace Railgun recently posted a list of fifty questions and his answers down at his blog and seeing as a few others decided to answer the questions, I thought I’d try it as well. I usually don’t talk much about myself, so I felt it would be interesting for readers to get to know more about the girl behind the blog. The first half is anime related while the second half is about me as a human being on this planet and how I am super cool.
Questions About Anime:
1. Who is your favourite male anime character?
Kyo Sohma from Fruits Basket. Not him in the anime version, just the manga. He’s just so amazing in so many ways. Also, he turns into a cat, so it’s like the best of both worlds for me.
2. Who is your favourite female anime character?
Fuko Ibuki from Clannad. Yes, you did read that right, but I’m sure some here already know of my love for her. Fuko brings me happiness. She is the light at the end of the tunnel. She makes the world go round.
3. What is your favourite anime soundtrack?
Talk about a difficult decision! Besides everything that both Yoko Kanno and Joe Hisaishi composed, I think I’ll go with Shiki.
4. What is your favourite anime opening + animation?
The opening to ef – a tale of memories (“euphoric field” by Tenmon feat. ELISA). Great song with a lot of unique visuals.
5. What is your favourite anime ending + animation?
The ending of Denpa Onna (“Ruru” by Etsuko Yakushimaru). Really beautiful and every song Etsuko sings is incredible!
6. What is your favourite anime scene?
It’s a tie between the scene in Whisper of the Heart where Seiji plays the violin and Shizuku sings Country Road and the scene at the bus stop in My Neighbour Totoro.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club because maybe he’ll instantly fall in love with my charming self and decide to marry me.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Yui from K-ON! I’m more toned down on the idiocy scale, but otherwise our personalities are alike. We both focus our lives on the things we like to do, rather than what we need to do. We both procrastinate, are a bit of a klutz and have no problem talking to new people. Life is no something to take too seriously and we both seem to live by that. I also love dessert, too.
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
It can get away with doing so much more than the live action world can do. Whether its fantasy or even drama, it creates a world that you won’t find in any other medium of entertainment.
10. What is your least favourite thing about anime?
When characters play chess. Lelouch nearly pulls it off, but it’s so over done and it’s always used as dumb symbolism and the characters are always like “Checkmate!” even though they only just moved their pawn and every smart character just has to play chess to show off their smartness or they have to play it if it vaguely takes place before the 20th century.
11. Who is your favourite anime couple?
Although the two were never acknowledged as a couple, it was obvious they were, I’m talking about Mustang and Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist!
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Does Makoto from Kanon count? I think that’s cheating, but she is awesome. My other less-cheap choice would be Mr. Cat from Princess Tutu.
13. What anime would make a good game?
I think Darker Than BLACK could make for a cool game.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Most of my favourite games already do have an anime…Dark Cloud 1+2, Kingdom Hearts, and Alice: Madness Returns.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
I think it was Sailor Moon.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
I’ve thought about this a lot and have never been able to think that I could. Who knows what will happen in the future, but I’d like for anime to always have some sort of role in my life even if it does become a minor one.
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
Horror! Japan has such an unique horror genre that always has that touch of mystery, which I also love in an anime.
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
Sports. Whether it’s animated or live I just find watching sports sooo boring.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
I don’t mind telling people I do if it comes up in conversation, but if they don’t watch anime they most likely don’t even care what I have to say. I had to learn that lesson the hard way.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No, but I would like to!
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Umineko no naku koro ni
22. What anime was better than you expected?
Kannagi and Haganai.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Not my area of expertise…The best I can think of is Revy vs. Roberta in season one of Black Lagoon.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Is it weird to say Asuka Lanley?
25. What was your favourite video game as a child?
Pokemon Stadium for N64!!
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
Don’t spread this story around or I shall kill you. I once had to go to the hospital when I was five because I stuck kleenex up my nose (I had a cold and it seemed like a logical solution to a stuffed nose) and couldn’t get it out. All I remember from going to the hospital is seeing tweezers and then later getting a banana popsicle as I left. Oh, and it was my sister’s birthday, but my parents couldn’t pay attention to her because they had to care of me. Ya….it’s mostly just embarrassing to think back on.
27. a) Can you drive?
I have yet to try, so maybe I have some hidden talent. I’d like to think I can.
27. b) Do you own a car?
28. Are you mature?
….I guess? I know I’m not immature.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
I think everyone knows I flippin love cats. They’re awesome in every single way. I like dogs, too, but they really don’t beat out the greatness of cats.
31. Describe yourself physically.
5’6, I look like a girl. I have brown eyes, and unruly butterscotch hair (at least that’s how someone described the colour to me).
32. What would you name your first child?
Kristofferson. Girl or guy doesn’t matter, their name will be Kristofferson, dammit!!!
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I’ve never broken any bones or anything like that *knocks on wood*, but the worst injury I got was when I stepped on a thumb-tack and it dug right into my heel.
34. What is your worse habit?
I talk too much.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I’ll drink on rare occasions I guess. I once tried smoking and thought it was yucky and I didn’t understand the appeal, so no.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Yes, all the time.
39. Do you regret anything?
Yes. There are lots of things I regret that I did as a child, but it’s not like I can do anything about it now.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
If I don’t count the friends I’ve made in the aniblogosphere, then yes. I’m a loner if you haven’t noticed already.
41. Do you wear glasses?
42. Are you a picky eater?
Definitely. I’m already a vegetarian, which annoys people and on top of that I’m really picky about almost everything. For example, I will only eat salad that I made at my house and even at that, there is only one type of lettuce I like.
43. Would you die for someone?
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Telepathy. Convenient and cool.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
I do. I haven’t seen anything supernatural myself, and I acknowledge that most stories are fake, but I believe there are things that are beyond the normal out there. I don’t believe in everything that we consider the supernatural, but a few things that fall under that umbrella like spirits and ghosts.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich. If I was rich, I wouldn’t have to work or anything like that and I could live the hikikomori life I’ve always wished for!
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
It’s kind of hard not to if you take into consideration all the minor crimes you could commit. An example of something that I once did when I was young (I was evidently a dumb child) I called the police once when I was alone and bored, and told them a monster was under my bed. Five cop cars came to my house, but luckily they weren’t all that mad when they found out it was just a child who made a “mistake”.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
lol lol lol lol
50. Are you in a relationship?